When spring has sprung you may feel the urge to open up the windows and get out doors. Then it hits you, allergies! You shouldn’t have to wear a face mask to stop the sneezing, congestion, and itchy eyes. Below you will find some helpful cleaning tips to reduce your allergy symptoms this spring:
1. Look at your bathroom.
You probably already know that stuff that forms in your bathtub gives off mold spores that get sent into the air. Scrubbing the bath tub with a combination of one cup of bleach to a gallon of water will remove the mildew. But don’t forget to look everywhere else too! For example: the bathmat you step on every day can encourage mold. After using it hang the bathmat over the shower rod to let it dry and make sure to wash it weekly.
2. Give the kids toys a bath.
It’s very likely that your children’s teddy bears and all of their other friends harbor millions of dust mites. Get rid of the mites by washing your children’s stuffed animals weekly in hot water.
3. Get the right vacuum.
Not all vacuums are created equal. Your best bet is a vacuum with a HEPA rated filter. These filters prevent the vacuum from releasing the same dust back into the air. Also your vacuum should be emptied well before the full mark.
4. Deep clean and allergy proof your home.
Keep allergens at bay with these helpful tips:
– Encase pillows, mattresses, and box springs in dust mite proof covers.
– Wash sheets, pillowcases and blankets at least once a week in hot water.
– Use washable curtains made of plain cotton or synthetic fabric and replace horizontal blinds with washable shades.
– Wash dishes daily and scrub the sink and faucets to remove mold and food debris.
– Wipe up excessive moisture in the refrigerator to avoid mold growth and discard moldy or out of date food.
– Install and use a vented exhaust fan to remove cooking fumes and reduce moisture. Most stove top hoods only filter cooking particulates without venting outside.
– Clean cabinets and countertops with detergent and water.
– Check under sink cabinets for plumbing leaks.
– Clean or replace moldy shower curtains and bathmats.
– Choose easy to clean chairs, dressers and nightstands made of leather, wood, metal or plastic.
– Avoid use of wood burning fireplaces or stoves in your homes because smoke and gases can worsen respiratory allergies. Most natural gas fireplaces won’t cause this problem.
For more spring cleaning tips visit: https://www.gahomeservices.com/spring-cleaning/
Remember to keep allergens at bay schedule your next cleaning service today!
Complete Home Services, located in the North Georgia Mountains provides Housecleaning, Window washing, Gutter Cleaning, Yard Services and Landscaping in Union County Georgia, Fannin County Georgia and Towns County Georgia. For your Home Maintenance needs visit our Complete Home Services website at www.CompleteHomeServicesUSA.com